To celebrate our 40th Birthday, this year’s Parade theme is:’79, Baby: Disco, Pop & Rock ‘n RollCelebrating Ancaster Heritage Days, born 1979
This year’s Parade will be held on Saturday, June 15, 2019, and starts at 10 a.m. at the corner of Wilson and Academy Streets!
If you want to participate in the parade, you will need to download, complete, and email an application. Forms are due by April 22.
The Annual Ancaster Heritage Days Parade runs for approximately 40 minutes and the route is about 2km long, starting at Wilson and Academy Streets, and ending at Wilson and Todd Streets. Parade entries are encouraged to use this year’s theme. A prize will be awarded for the best use of theme.
The parade is commentated by Brian Wood of CH News!
Cash donations will be collected along the parade route with proceeds supporting future Ancaster Heritage Days events.
Below are some of the people, organizations, and businesses that have participated in the past:
- Great Pyrenees Club of Canada
- Ballare Studio Dance
- Max’s Big Ride
- Jack Astor’s bar & Grill
- St John’s Anglican Church Ancaster (200th Anniversary Float)
- Ancaster Karate Club
- Ancaster Community Services
- Rotary Club of Ancaster
- Jacks’ and Jills’ Co-op Preschool
- Ancaster Soccer Club
- Ancaster Film Club – Films at Fieldcote
- Ancaster Senior Achievement Centre
- Ancaster Fair
- Ancaster Avalanche Junior Hockey Association
- Ancaster BIA
- Ancaster Community Food Drive
- Hamilton Fire Department
- Village Eyecare Optometrists
- Independent Order of Odd Fellows Ancaster Lodge #138
- Fortinos Ancaster
- St John Ambulance Therapy Dogs
- Rotary Club of Ancaster AM
- Dream Concepts Group
- Stephen J Dunn Insurance Agency
- Bishop Tonnas Catholic Secondary School
- Evolution Martial Arts
- Plus an assortment of amazing bands!!
*Please Note: You will be notified by e-mail if your entry has been selected for the parade. If selected, your organization will receive a complete package with marshaling instructions for the parade. You must receive confirmation from a representative of the Ancaster Heritage Days parade committee to enter the parade.